Dan Meehl passed on Monday. Our prayers are with his family. Sevices will be on March 7th at LightHouse. We’ll send more information as it becomes available.
Most people knew Dan as a Judge that was respected and honored for his many years in the Judicial system. Both Dan and Ken did so much for the Magic Valley and the Youth in our community. They were charter members of the Twin Falls Optimist club in 1970 and served 50 years. Barry took this picture of Ken and Dan just weeks ago and had no idea we would lose both these great men within weeks. Hugs to their Family and Friends!
Join us in our Thank You presentation to the Western MV Realtors for their generous $10,000 to our Coats for Kids program on Tuesday March 3rd, 11:30am at the Red Lion Inn.
The Rotary Club’s Martini Tasting/Masquerade Ball to benefit Sleep in Heavenly Peace, was SO MUCH FUN!
Dawn Soto, Anna Scholes, LeeAnn Cline, and Dennis Bowyer served a delicious 2Ts Bees Knees Martini!
Lost Wages – Don Anderson Construction is our Title Sponsor and we’re getting ready for an awesome event!
Bring donated items (for the Silent Auction and the Egg Game) to Kathleen Hale and LeeAnn Cline ASAP!
We need 10 more table sponsors at $250 each. Please reach out to the business people you know to make this event a success!
Wanna be of more help? Check out the spreadsheet to see which past donors still need to be contacted.
Jon Laux, Community Development Director for Twin Falls County
Youth Appreciation – Our banquet will be at the Stone House on Thursday, April 23, from 11:45 – 1:10 p.m. Our keynote speaker will be Dr. Jeff Fox, President of the College of Southern Idaho. Cost will probably be $20 per person. We’ll make it an extra special event as we are celebrating the 50th anniversary of our CluB so mark your calendars! You’ll need to RSVP to Anna at [email protected].
Optimist International Student Essay – the competition has ended, the judging is finished, and the winners have been notified. The winners will read their essays and collect their winnings at the March 5th meeting – don’t miss it!
Put these Optimist events (and others of interest) on your calendar!
- Optimist club’s presentation to the Western MV Realtors for their donation to the Coats for Kids program Tuesday March 3rd, 11:30am at the Red Lion Inn.
- Lost Wages committee meetings – Wednesdays @ 5:30
- Lost Wages – March 14 at Canyon Crest 7-10 PM
- Youth Appreciation Luncheon and 50th Anniversary Celebration – April 23 at StoneHouse (this replaces our regular meeting)
- 2020 Valley House “Hands of Hope” auction and dinner, April 24, from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m., at the Canyon Crest Dining and Event Center.
- Guild Mortgage Golf Tournament – June 26 (not an Optimist event, but one benefiting the Ronald McDonald Youth House!)