Thank you for taking the time to join or consider joining the Twin Falls Optimist Club (“Club”); membership is the key to a strong Club. Our mission is to serve the youth of our community while having fun and fellowship with a great group of people.
For more information, contact us (link to contact form that submits to [email protected])
WHAT IS AN OPTIMIST CLUB?
We are a group of individuals, all with the common goals of working together to advocate for the kids in the community.
To develop optimism as a philosophy of life; To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being people in the community and world; To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs.
We do many youth projects and fundraisers and we encourage you to read about them. We are part of the Pacific Northwest District and Optimist International which also have websites for your review. If you have questions, please contact a Club member or the membership group.
WHEN AND WHERE WE MEET
We meet every Thursday at noon at 9 Beans & A Burrito. You pay for your lunch as you enter the meeting; there is no charge to attend if you are not eating.
A normal meeting consists of project business and an interesting program. While the meeting ends at 1:00pm, it is fine to leave early if need be. We have a fine pot and raffle each week for fun; the funds are used to fund our YSS Program and half of the raffle money goes to the lucky ticket drawn. The raffle is $1.00, if you want to play, and fines are pocket change.
A mystery guest member is selected by the president before the meeting begins; if you miss shaking their hand, it is a fine. This promotes getting to know your fellow Optimists and having some fun in the process.
EVERY THURSDAY AT NOON
9 Beans and a Burrito At 764 Cheney Drive
Lunches start at $10 per person
Cost of Membership
The new member will pay a $25 one-time initiation fee that covers their name badge and membership material. The dues are prorated based on the month the person joins and are $8.33 per month or $100.00 for the full Club year (September to August). We have kept our dues low to make it easy for anyone to join the Club. A portion of our dues go to the District and International Optimist Organizations.
Once the new member form is completed and dues are paid, the Board of Directors approve the new member. New members are inducted into the Club at a regular meeting. The induction gives the Club the opportunity to know more about the new member. We make it fun and also recognize the sponsor at this time.
You will be given an interest finder form with an outline of all the opportunities to serve in the Club. We are here to help you get off to a solid start for years of fun and service in the Club.
We have a weekly newsletter, “The Blab”, which informs members of project news, reports, and program overview. Please feel free to share this newsletter with other community members so they have the opportunity to see how we communicate within our Club.
Twin Falls Optimist Club Creed
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.